The advances of information technology have enabled information travels across devices and different screens in real-time than ever.
Online users hate to see stuttering video due to buffering, or wait for a slow-loading website.
For broadcasters, delivering effective digital contents is a strategy for branding too. Creating an engageable content is important, but ensuring smooth content delivery on online media is another important aspect too.
Solution #1: Optimization Platform
You need to have end-to-end content optimization platform to optimize delivery at:
- first-mile (i.e. from your origin server to the Internet service provider),
- middle-mile (i.e. where your contents are routed at public Internet networks maintained by various third parties), and
- last-mile (i.e. from the end user’s Internet service provider to the user’s device).
In specific, the content optimization platform has to be able to:
- manage a spike in traffic to avoid congestion,
- accelerate static contents and dynamic contents,
- speed-up contents based on device-specific platform and based on content types,
- dynamically adjust content delivery rate based on bandwidth at the user’s endpoint, and
- automatically replicates digital contents across the globe ensuring content availability even if part of the network were to go down.
Solution #2: Video Processing
You need video processing to:
- accelerate live streaming videos and on-demand videos,
- automatically adapting video content for different screen sizes (desktop computers, mobile devices, and TV display), and
- transmux video formats on the fly to fit end-users’ devices.
Solution #3: Cloud Storage and Security
You may consider to employ cloud resources for storing your digital assets.
Work along with the content optimization platform, cloud resources shall enable you to:
- upload your digital content and simultaneously replicate it around the world,
- associate rules with content stored within the network,
- restrict content access by geography, and
- protect your content from unauthorized access by generating a unique time-based URL each time a visitor requests specific content.